Commercial & Domestic Grounds Maintenance - Hitchin Herts
From contractual commercial grounds maintenance and regular domestic garden care to full project management of garden landscaping and construction of outside ornamental features, Honey Tree Surgeons will work hard to achieve your 100% satisfaction.
Working with pre-arranged plans and designs, delivering projects on time and within the desired budgets is what our regular clients’ experience – and we would be delighted to help you in the same way too.
We specialise in a variety of grounds maintenance tasks including:
From small residential lawn mowing to large-scale Grade 1 property lawn care, we use different types of mowers to achieve the best results: from push-along mowers and sit-ons to edge trimming.
Regular mowing packages are available weekly, two weekly or monthly – whichever service suits your requirements.
Poor Performing Grass - Re-Instatement and Rejuvenation
Is your lawn worse for wear, riddled with weeds or suffering from poor nutrition? We can help rejuvenate your grass in a number of effective ways:
- Grass fertiliser, applied as granules (or micro granules for fine turf) or as natural improvements using organic manure and green compost
- Natural nutrition added to top dressing using green compost mixed with sports sand
- At the beginning of each lawn season, granular fertiliser is applied using spinning-disc applicators
- During growing seasons, both low and high nitrogen compounds are applied during the autumn
Scarifying is key to helping your grass flourish. Scarifying involves raking out dead grasses and opening up the sward (top level of soil), enabling new-season grass to grow and mature.
Just one treatment of scarification on an established section of grass can result in visible improvements after only 2 weeks. New, vibrant grass will begin to grow, bringing a rich green colour to your lawn.
Regular surface penetration of upto 25mm will avoid build-up of thatch, a major problem when cultivating various types of sports turf.
Promoting Grass growth - Verti Draining and Lawn Spiking
What is Verti draining and “spiking”?
Verti draining and spiking allows oxygen into grass roots and provides a channel for surface water to reach drains.
Huge benefits to grass roots are gained when soil structures are opened up and de-compacted, enabling vital oxygen to enter.
Our Verti draining and spiking equipment provide a variety of sizes to cater for all pitch sizes, including tractors upto 100hp and specialist tyres to travel across soft playing surfaces.
- For rugby or football pitch post-season maintenance - we use large tines to deeply penetrate surfaces, taking into consideration the depth of existing piped drainage.
- For fine turf post-season maintenance – we use pencil tines to minimise disturbance to surfaces.
- Ground conditions are key to achieving the optimal benefit. Fine turf surfaces must be properly prepared with comprehensive watering to soften up the ground before work is carried out.
- Once holes are punched into a pitch surface, a roller follows behind to smooth the surface and make it playable.
Full Garden Maintenance
Our own experienced maintenance team can help keep your garden in tip-top shape, during all seasons, with ongoing, cost-effective packages or as one-off services – whichever is required:
- Expert landscaping consultation, tips and advice
- Tree care: surgery, tree waste removal and emergency fallen-tree call-outs
- Garden irrigation system planning and installation
- Driveway, fencing and gateway planning and installation
Wooden and Metal Fencing Services
We can also source, supply and fit all types of wooden or metal fencing and gates for domestic, commercial and agricultural applications.
To discuss which domestic or commercial grounds maintenance options are best for your property and budget, please contact us today. Alternatively, review our client testimonials, find out more about us, read our latest news blog or find answers to common questions.